I have procrastinated too long about showing some of the quilts and embroideries I have stitched over the last 30 years. I am now rectifying this and hope to add to my journal as quilts and creations are gradually completed. I have so many unfinished projects many of these used for teaching purposes. I have decided that after the last few years during which I have been unable to stitch as much as previously it is time to try and finish as many as possible.
I hope that you enjoy looking at some of my creations as I work through this pile! It may take some time.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Baltimore Album

I have stitched quite a few Baltimore album style quilts, from full size to wall hangings. Beginning with hand needle turn, most of the album quilts that I currently stitch are mock hand applique needle turned. The quilt shown on my home page is the first Baltimore Album quilt I digitised and stitched using my embroidery machine.  It is also the first quilt design that I digitised.
Stitched on my Bernina 440, the blocks required either 2 or 3 hoopings whilst the centre block was multiple hoopings using the mega hoop.  These days I would use my Bernina 830 - other than the centre block they would all be one hooping in the jumbo hoop. The basic blocks finish at 12" square.

No comments:

Post a Comment