Finally another quilt. This was an original variation of a drunkards path and was the first one I stitched before I was sidetracked when one of my class students asked if there was a way to do something similar but smaller. The smaller quilt has already been posted and is a more traditional setting.
This quilt used 2 x charm packs, 1 x layer cake and a jelly roll. I did add a monotone for the final border and used the leftover jelly roll strips for the piped binding.
It was a wonderful way to use the decorative stitches of my 830. I chose a palette of approximately 9 thread colours and used the same decorative stitch for all of the pieces stitched onto each of the layer cake squares. Some of the seams were stitched with just one decorative stitch whilst others were stitched with two rows. All of the small straight edges leading into the curved sections were stitched with blanket stitching. The ability to use the history for stitches made this so quick, well almost.
I finished the quilt by ditch quilting both sides of the sashing and border and then quilted the squares and borders by using the jumbo hoop. The block and border designs are my own digitising. Thanks Otto for the great photos. As you can see he gets them lovely and straight (Not like my last lot - the floral visions version)