I have procrastinated too long about showing some of the quilts and embroideries I have stitched over the last 30 years. I am now rectifying this and hope to add to my journal as quilts and creations are gradually completed. I have so many unfinished projects many of these used for teaching purposes. I have decided that after the last few years during which I have been unable to stitch as much as previously it is time to try and finish as many as possible.
I hope that you enjoy looking at some of my creations as I work through this pile! It may take some time.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Something a bit smaller

Hi, I fell in love with these two designs from Embroidery Library With the ability to stop embroidering at any stage and resume when ever I came back, I placed two designs together and stitched these two panels using the 830 jumbo hoop and only one hooping for each panel.  I remember that one of the designs was over 190,000 stitches, the other a mere 182,000 stitches.  I starched my background fabric heavily, used iron-on fusible No Show Mesh (Floriani) and added a medium tearaway.  The designs stitched without any puckering or movement.  When I purchased the designs they were shown in one colour way with an alternate version.  I chose to use the alternate version but my way (again!).  Both embroideries were completed a while ago.  With my usual way of being side tracked, one cushion was completed at the time and the other sat there only needing the ruching to be made and the backing put on.  Finally this weekend saw both finished and out of my workroom.  I love these designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment