I have procrastinated too long about showing some of the quilts and embroideries I have stitched over the last 30 years. I am now rectifying this and hope to add to my journal as quilts and creations are gradually completed. I have so many unfinished projects many of these used for teaching purposes. I have decided that after the last few years during which I have been unable to stitch as much as previously it is time to try and finish as many as possible.
I hope that you enjoy looking at some of my creations as I work through this pile! It may take some time.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Some fish

My husband loves fishing and with his friend spent many a day out on the water.  This is a wall hanging I made for him.  The background was a curved piecing technique I taught and these were some pieces left over from another project (another UFO).  The fish are all free motion embroidered/thread painted onto organza and then appliqued to the background.  The water reeds and seaweed featured several different dimensional techniques.  I finished the quilt with free motion quilting and some beading.





No comments:

Post a Comment