I have procrastinated too long about showing some of the quilts and embroideries I have stitched over the last 30 years. I am now rectifying this and hope to add to my journal as quilts and creations are gradually completed. I have so many unfinished projects many of these used for teaching purposes. I have decided that after the last few years during which I have been unable to stitch as much as previously it is time to try and finish as many as possible.
I hope that you enjoy looking at some of my creations as I work through this pile! It may take some time.

Monday, October 4, 2010

FINISHED - Fairy Quilt and Eight Point Star

I have been working on this quilt for quite some time now, having to stitch the free motion work takes me some time as I can't sit for too long these days.  This quilt was a commission for someone's grand daughter.  Her only stipulation was that the quilt should be pink. These were colours that I did not have too many so also had to seach for fabrics that I could use.  Hopefully she will like it.  I also tried out something a little different by having the border applique on both the front and the back.  Was really quite easy.  The fairy designs were by Hatched in Africa.
Fairy Quilt


The eight point star quilt is one that I made after seeing a similar one in one of the Through the Needle magazine - not too sure which one.  It is actually one of a pair - I thought I had made a mistake and rushed my DH out to get fabric for a second.  This is the fabric I bought then.  The original one I made is still unfinished - waiting to have the last of the blocks background quilted - everything else is finished.  This one has been waiting a long time for the binding to be finished.  I drafted the block up in EQ6 and I used strip piecing and added couching to embellish the seams.  The quilting thread is actually a pink variegated thread but does show very light on the darker fabrics.  All of the design quilting was stitched in the jumbo hoop on my 830.


 Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment